Hello Tati-istas! I know you love to get the inside scoop, sooooooo here are some of the beauty insider information and tips from New York Fashion Week. The look for BCBG max azria backstage beauty spring 2014 was all fresh and glowy, a natural beachy vibe with locks that looked perfectly undone and just a hint of makeup.
Of course, with BCBG’s popularity, the backstage area was packed with media and celebrities, but I had a few moments with Makeup Artist Val Garland, and hair artist Laurent Philippon to decode how we can get this look at home.
Intrigued? Read on…
Makeup for the show was by Val Garland of team Sephora.
Here’s her face chart~
Garland wanted the look to be an almost translucent veil, just barely there, and achieved the look with Marc Jacobs products, along with Clinique, and Nars. This photo shows all the ingredients~~
To replicate the look, Garland let me know it would only take 10 minutes!!??! What, all that beautifulness in just 10 minutes? I’m innnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!
Want to know how she created the flawless finish?
Model below is Emma Oak, if you want to know what the board behind her says, an awesome message from Max and Lubov Azria, click here, then come right back for the rest of the post~~
She suggest a shade matching your skin tone for the all over coverage and one shade darker for the contouring. For the contouring, apply below the cheekbone, along the jawline, and just at the temples.
3. Blend the two shades of foundation using Sephora’s curved Visionary Face Blender Brush 134.
5. Highlight the top of the cheeks with Josie Maran Argan Illuminizer to create a sporty glow.
1. Use Marc Jacobs Beauty O Mega Bronze Perfect Tan and apply to the eyes as eyeshadow with a big fluffy brush. “I’m taking bronzer into the socket line and that’s giving me definition without using eyeshadow”, noted Garland.
3. Use Buxom Sculpted Lash Mascara in True Black applying two-3 coats to top and bottom lashes.
4. The eyes were the most simple, with Garland’s secret beauty trick was revealed, “Take a firm fan brush and coat with the mascara, pushing the fan brush into the lash line all the way to the inner and outer lid. This creates the illusion of fuller lashes and gets closer to the lash line than the mascara wand can.”
1. Line lips with Sephora’s waterproof retractable lip liner.
2. Garland used chubby lip pencil, noting “it’s nice creamy texture easy for everyone to use” in Hourglass Femme Nude Lip Style No. 5.
Hair lead by Laurent Philippon for team Bumble and Bumble, was styled long, flowing and natural. There was a high gloss sheen to catch the light on the runway. The simple part in the middle lended to the feeling of effortless style.
1. Apply a large amount of Bumble and Bumble Prep Spray, then blow dry.
2. Curls were achieved by holding the curling iron parallel to the hair and creating S shaped waves- looping waves from one side, and then the next curl looping to the opposite side.
“I think it’s a lot of girls’ dream hair,” mentioned Philippon.
3. Last step, brush out, and tousle while spritzing with Bumble and Bumble Surf Spray. Add a few extra spritzes of the Surf Spray for added texture and a matte finish.
voilà!!!! there you have it, right from the artists and easy for us to replicate!
If you try these looks at home, be sure to send us photos of your gorgeousness!
Thank you team BCBG, team Sephora, and team Bumble and Bumble~~