The entire Jenny Packham collection from the Spring 2014 presentation at New York Fashion Week was divine. I can’t wait to share more thoughts and photos with you soon!
Until then, I adored the hair. The voluminous curls with all that body and the sensational puffy, statement look is something I want to wear everyday! I actually already attempted it once during fashion week, but it wasn’t quite right so I threw it in a ponytail instead, just NOT the SAME thing as this look! Well, I admit it, I actually looked like a poodle dog, it was just too frizzy!
Ok, maybe I should have followed the steps, rather than go rogue and try to achieve it on my own. So, how did they do it?
Hair artist Jeanie Syfu of TRESemmé wanted to create a romantic 70’s influenced look to accentuate the pieces in the collection.
If we follow the steps she used to create the look, hopefully our hair will take on the same feeling!
Here are the steps:
1. apply TRESemmé Thermal Creations Mouse
2. Blow dry using a Mason Pearson brush
3. Section out the hair into small sections
4. Spritz TRESemmé Thermal Creations Curl Activator Spray on each section and then curl with 1″ curling on top, a 2″ curling iron from ears to crown, and the 1″ curling iron by the neck.
5. Pin each curl into rings to let them set after you curl each section
6. Once the curls have cooled, remove the pins
7. Start teasing! Beginning with the roots and down to the ends until you have the desired volume and shape.
8. Finish with TRESemmé 24 Hour Body Finishing Spray
9. Add a hair decoration like a clip, or barrette depending on how ornate you want to go. Or add a cool headband to make it more downtown!
What do you think of this look? Will you be trying this at home? If so, please send me your beautiful photos to see!!
I can’t wait to try it!